LDC Care Co is a family-owned care provider, employing over 450 staff across more than 60 locations in Kent – and growing!
We support adults with complex learning disabilities and mental health diagnoses within residential and supported living environments. Our busy HR Department is situated within our Dover Head Office where you will work alongside the team to support the operational and strategic functions of the business.
We are committed to driving this area of the business forward, and have recently placed significant investment into our HR and Learning & Development Departments, including through additional team qualifications, new IT systems, and much much more!
About The Role
People are at the heart of LDC Care Co: from the people we support, to the people we employ.
As the Head of People you will play a pivotal role in shaping our workforce strategies and contributing to the company’s continued growth. You will ideally have sector-relevant experience, or experience of working within a regulated environment, to support your leadership of our HR and Learning & Development functions.
Line managing a team of your own, you will work closely with the senior leadership team by balancing the day-to-day needs of the department with facilitating the organisation’s overarching people strategy and management of risk, whilst helping to drive forward our objectives and positive people culture through our core values.
· Oversight of the HR Department in its entirety, including all HR and L&D-related activity and line management of the HR Team, with overall accountability for the function.
· Management of recruitment strategies, ensuring required skillsets are in situ across all areas of the business – including through the Visa & Immigration sponsorship programme.
· Support the management of people-related risk within the organisation, including risk assessments, and the health, safety, and wellbeing of the workforce.
· Strategic lead for the Learning & Development of the workforce, and coordination of the L&D team members in the facilitation of training.
· Maximisation of funding streams and availability, including the Apprenticeship Levy.
· Create and access opportunities for staff to work towards and accomplish further relevant qualifications, including QCFs and Apprenticeships, and support staff through their completion alongside their line manager.
· Oversight of HR processes such as investigations, disciplinaries, and grievances where necessary, in line with Company policy.
· Provide guidance to the Senior Management on all aspects of policy and procedures, ensuring flexibility where possible to enable the Company’s growth and standards to continue.
· Maintaining compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and contractual obligations in relation to staffing, training, and recruitment.
· Ensuring all HR-related policies are maintained in accordance with current legislation and best practice.
· Advise on employment law to facilitate business need whilst ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks, with the ability to oversee matters taken to employment tribunals where required.
· Work alongside senior staff on projects involving policies and procedures and commercial needs of the business; taking the HR lead where necessary.
· Identify, advise, and implement solutions to assist in overall business continuity and facilitate appropriate operational decisions, as well as the maintenance of those established processes already in place.
· Manage HR data collection through the effective use of internal systems, working with management to develop effective communication and information flow.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring their knowledge remains up to date in all areas of relevant legislation.
We acknowledge that it’s not all about the qualifications and what it says on your CV, it’s about whether we’re the right fit for each other.
For us, previous experience working at a senior HR level for a large organisation is required for this role. You will be able to demonstrate experience of working on a varied task list, as well as experience of making positive changes within a company and managing that process from start to finish.
You’ll be an experienced proactive HR professional with an ability to implement risk management strategies for the benefit of both the organisation and the workforce. You will be able to demonstrate versatile experience in handling a range of complex people matters, and will have the confidence to advise a large organisation on its approach.
Whilst you may not have care-sector experience, you will need to have an understanding of the importance of compliance in relation to staffing and onboarding, and how regulated organisations can maintain compliance throughout the employment lifecycle.
In addition we would really like to see applications from people who:
· Are educated to a Degree or MSc level in Human Resources and/or hold or be actively working towards the Level 7 CIPD.
· Hold CIPD membership.
· Have in-depth knowledge of UK employment legislation and pending changes.
· Hold previous experience working in a senior HR position for a large organisation.
· Are experienced or have awareness of the care sector and the CQC.
· Are familiar with the Levy and apprenticeship scheme.
· Are proficient in IT systems, including HRIS and the MS Office suite.
· Act with integrity, with the ability to maintain confidence
· Are pragmatic and able to deal with ambiguity
· Have strong persuading and influencing skills and ability to give and receive feedback
· Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What We Can Offer You
In return we can offer you:
· a competitive salary
· free onsite parking
· access to Blue Light Discount card
· a casual dress code
· a fun and friendly office with lots of parties and events!