Health and Safety Manager
Salary in the range of £27,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
We are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager, preferably with experience from within the social care sector, to oversee the health & safety department across our care organisation and care settings.
LDC Care Co is an expanding family owned care provider with over 50 services across Kent, employing over 300 staff. We support adults with highly complex learning disabilities and mental health diagnoses within residential and supported living environments regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
The role of Health & Safety Manager is responsible for developing and promoting a positive health and safety culture across the company, ensuring services are compliant with CQC regulations, local authority policies, and associated legislative requirements.
The successful applicant will be accountable for the effective and efficient management of all health and safety matters, including policy implementation, monitoring and inspection, risk assessment and delivery of H&S training.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Full oversight of all health and safety needs and considerations within care services and administrative areas of the company.
· Development, review, evaluation, and implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring contingencies are in place to allow for business continuity.
· Maintenance of the risk assessment register for all environmental and associated risks to the safety of staff and service users.
· Completion, and monitoring the completion of, various health and safety quality compliance audits and inspections across the services.
· To investigate and record incidents which have a health and safety consideration, and make the appropriate referrals to RIDDOR where required.
· Oversight of health and safety training needs for employees across the organisation, and identification of any gaps in knowledge.
· Reacting to changes in government and local authority guidance, and implementing and communicating changes to policies and processes where required.
· Maintaining relationships with relevant external bodies, including the Fire Service and other health and safety-related organisations.
· Liaise with the company’s senior management team to discuss any health and safety- related matters which may, or are currently, impacting upon a service’s ability to safely support a service user.
The Successful Candidate will be able to demonstrate the following…
· Considerable knowledge and experience of working within Health and Safety, and advising organisations accordingly.
· Possession of relevant qualifications and accreditations which facilitate the ability to inspect and monitor relevant regulated areas.
· Have experience in delivering relevant presentations and training sessions to teams within an organisation.
· Ideally be in possession of the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or currently studying towards the Diploma
· Have a sound understanding of Health and Safety issues including Fire Management and Risk Management
· Proven experience in a similar role or other relevant experience
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills – can engage at all levels
· Excellent written communication and report writing skills
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· Flexibility to meet demands of the post
· Works off own initiative, is driven to achieve and demonstrates motivation
· Graduate member of IOSH
· Fire Manager Certificate
· Experience of working in a social care environment, and familiarity with CQC Regulations