JOIN OUR TEAM
To find out more about our vacancies, or to express an interest in working for LDC Care Co, please contact the HR team on:
Telephone: 01303 276000
Or please complete the form below and we will get back to you.
We have services in Dover, Folkestone, Herne Bay and Ashford!
If you would like to apply directly for one of our roles, you can download, complete and send us back a copy of our application form using the links below.
LDC Care Co is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to providing outstanding care and this is evident in our Care Quality Commission reports: ww.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-101677449
SUPPORT WORKER OPPORTUNITIES
At LDC Care Co we support wonderful people who need support in their day-to-day life. We want to find people who want to help them achieve this and who are keen to make a difference.
We welcome applications from experienced Support Workers, but we also welcome applications from anyone looking to come into social care for the first time who believe that they can make a difference by delivering high quality care to make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we support.
A free and excellent training package awaits those that join us!
In return for your hard work, dedication and professionalism, we will offer you:
· Earnings between £21,000 to £25,000 per annum for full time staff (Take home around £1700 per month, depending on age).
· Availability of overtime hours
· Variety of shifts – days, nights and sleep nights
· Excellent career pathway available
· Automatic enrolment for a Health and Social Care qualification course
· Free DBS check
· Blue Light Card Discount Scheme (worth up to £2,500 a year if card is used to the full)
We are currently recruiting staff for our services in Dover, Ashford and Herne Bay on Full Time or Part Time contracts.
Why not look and see some of the things we do on our Facebook page.
To be guaranteed an interview, you can apply by using the links above, or via our Facebook page or by calling us in the HR Team on Tel: 01303 276000
Health and Safety Manager
Salary in the range of £27,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
We are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager, preferably with experience from within the social care sector, to oversee the health & safety department across our care organisation and care settings.
LDC Care Co is an expanding family owned care provider with over 50 services across Kent, employing over 300 staff. We support adults with highly complex learning disabilities and mental health diagnoses within residential and supported living environments regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
The role of Health & Safety Manager is responsible for developing and promoting a positive health and safety culture across the company, ensuring services are compliant with CQC regulations, local authority policies, and associated legislative requirements.
The successful applicant will be accountable for the effective and efficient management of all health and safety matters, including policy implementation, monitoring and inspection, risk assessment and delivery of H&S training.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Full oversight of all health and safety needs and considerations within care services and administrative areas of the company.
· Development, review, evaluation, and implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring contingencies are in place to allow for business continuity.
· Maintenance of the risk assessment register for all environmental and associated risks to the safety of staff and service users.
· Completion, and monitoring the completion of, various health and safety quality compliance audits and inspections across the services.
· To investigate and record incidents which have a health and safety consideration, and make the appropriate referrals to RIDDOR where required.
· Oversight of health and safety training needs for employees across the organisation, and identification of any gaps in knowledge.
· Reacting to changes in government and local authority guidance, and implementing and communicating changes to policies and processes where required.
· Maintaining relationships with relevant external bodies, including the Fire Service and other health and safety-related organisations.
· Liaise with the company’s senior management team to discuss any health and safety- related matters which may, or are currently, impacting upon a service’s ability to safely support a service user.
The Successful Candidate will be able to demonstrate the following…
· Considerable knowledge and experience of working within Health and Safety, and advising organisations accordingly.
· Possession of relevant qualifications and accreditations which facilitate the ability to inspect and monitor relevant regulated areas.
· Have experience in delivering relevant presentations and training sessions to teams within an organisation.
· Ideally be in possession of the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or currently studying towards the Diploma
· Have a sound understanding of Health and Safety issues including Fire Management and Risk Management
· Proven experience in a similar role or other relevant experience
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills – can engage at all levels
· Excellent written communication and report writing skills
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· Flexibility to meet demands of the post
· Works off own initiative, is driven to achieve and demonstrates motivation
· Graduate member of IOSH
· Fire Manager Certificate
· Experience of working in a social care environment, and familiarity with CQC Regulations